Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Things = Big Fall

I heard yesterday of another Pastor that has fallen into immorality. How does this happen? How can someone with so much to lose be willing to throw it all away? The more I think about it the more I understand it starts with the small things. A late night program that shows a little too much, a click on a web site, or an extra look at the magazine rack....and then a few years later a full blown affair. Ministry gone, church in turmoil, family crushed, and more importantly another blow to the Kingdom. The enemy is looking to destroy us all (especially those in leadership) and if we let the little compromises creep into our lives we could just as easily be the next one to fall. I'm humbled every time I hear a story like this and convicted even more to protect myself from the "little" things that can lead to a "big" fall.

What is done in dark always comes into light. We better turn the light on ourself before someone else does.

No comments: