Thursday, May 15, 2008

Chipotle Church

Today I ate lunch at one of my favorite places, Chipotle. Almost always a line in that place but it's well worth it. I love a burrito bowl with rice, pinto beans, chicken, fajita veggies, corn salsa, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and topped off with some smoked chipotle sauce! It doesn't get much better than that.
I've been thinking about what makes Chipotle so good, besides the burrito bowl. I've narrowed it down to a few things (values) in no particular order.

1. Simplistic: They keep it simple. Their menu is basic, they offer a few things, and they focus on their main thing, the burrito.

2. Environment: I love the look, the feel, and the overall aesthetics of the restaurant. I hope to have a student center cafe that will resemble it one day.

3. Fast: Customers are important, and they want to get their product to them as quick as possible. Being quick and efficient is the most over looked marketing strategy. People's time is valuable. Getting QUALITY, QUICK, is important!

4. Excellence: They do things right and they do it right consistently. That alone keeps me coming back.


If we can incorporate these values into our churches, maybe people would wait in line to get what we offer. We need more Chipotle Churches!

No comments: